Working as part of the Publishing team, your role will be to maintain consistent high quality across all copy for MVF Publishing portfolio, ensuring that the tone-of-voice and content reflect the brands’ editorial guidelines.
What we're offering you
- Lots of room for growth and stretch assignments
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Hybrid working (3 days in the office and 2 days remote per week)
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Benefits allowance for health, dental and vision coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Be Well: Our award winning wellbeing and mental health programme to support all MVFers and their families
- Family Forward support for our MVF parents and their mini-mes
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health clubs including yoga, pilates football, ultimate frisbee, book club, boxing, personal training, spinning, dine & draw - we also run these remotely so anyone can get involved!
The Publishing team is responsible for MVF’s digital brands and is tasked with growing and engaging relevant audiences through brilliant content and optimising audience channels like SEO and social platforms. The department consists of:
- Content team - responsible for producing content and ensuring it is of the highest quality on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets
- Audience team - responsible for delivering audience development strategies to grow the traffic and leads on MVF’s brands. The team comprises SEO and Campaigns (link acquisition) teams.
- Insights team - responsible for conducting in-depth research into our key commercial areas, to support the authority and trustworthiness of our content as well as key client relationships
- Expert Market helps SMBs navigate complex buying decisions by telling them what to buy, how to buy and who to buy from
- The Eco Experts helps people who care about the planet to reduce energy costs with expert information about green technology and by finding them relevant providers.
- Website Builder Expert helps customers choose the best products to create and grow their online presence taking into account their specific needs and budget.
- Startups. helps UK small and new business owners to launch and grow.
- Tech.co helps US SMBs to know more about tech, and find the best-fit software solutions to grow, work smart and secure their business for success now and in the future.
- MoveHub makes moving abroad simple, offering a wide range of accessible guides that cover every stage of an international move.
- Ensuring all copy is accurate, consistent and adheres to MVF Publishing brands tone of voice and editorial guidelines.
- Editing copy written by in-house writers and freelancers to remove spelling mistakes, grammatical and factual errors.
- Rewriting copy as needed, so that it flows or reads better and to suit the brands’ house style and target audiences.
- Assessing the quality of a web page for SEO best practice, usability, and clear communication of the content utilising in-house templates
- Liaising with editors, deputy editors and writers, providing feedback, ensuring deadlines are hit and editorial processes are adhered to.
- Reporting to editors and deputy editors to identify key upskilling opportunities within the writing team
- Contributing to cross-brand training for writers as required, or identifying writer’s strengths to organise training from them to the team
- Assessing writer’s works in regards to our quality KPI metrics
What Success Looks Like:
- Editing multiple pieces of high quality content per week across several online brands
- Meeting delivery deadlines consistently
- Editing reviews and articles that generate thousands of visitors per month and that generate customers for our partners
- Editing reviews and articles that achieve exceptional traffic and engagement metrics (reviewed against our content quality KPIs)
- Assistance in regular training sessions for consistent writer up-skilling
- Reporting to editors to feedback on performance of the team
Our Ideal MVFer:
- A passion for delivering world-class content
- Excellent writing ability and command of the English language
- An ability to sub-edit for both UK and US English language audiences
- Flawless grammatical skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of writing for an online audience preferred
- Understanding of SEO and optimising content for web preferred
- Experience of working with Wordpress preferred
- Experience of working with a content scheduling software a plus
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.