Come join us!
Here at Startups (startups.co.uk), we help new UK small business owners launch and grow. We’ve more than 20 years experience of providing information, inspiration and opportunity to new and serial entrepreneurs by sharing success stories, explaining the steps new businesses can take to flourish, and connecting them with the best products and services to fuel their growth.
We're looking for a creative and talented writer to join our award-winning Brands team. You'll be responsible for generating high quality content on news, topics, products and services relevant to our vibrant, small business audience.
You will need to:
- Produce engaging, high-quality copy to brief and deadline that helps our readers make the most informed decisions.
- Write new product and company reviews, how-to guides, informational and commercially oriented articles as well as news, features and topical pieces that will bring targeted, high-quality traffic to the website.
- Generate a wide range of content types, including guides and reviews, guest posts, newsletters, social media, and campaigns as well as ideate new, creative content streams that will appeal to our small business audience.
- Write persuasive, informative, and authoritative content in the brand's tone of voice, to help readers succeed while also driving conversions for our partners.
- Extensively research products and services we feature on the website - with the aim of becoming an expert in the topic areas you are assigned to write about and building our Expertise, Authority and Trust credentials.
- Undertake background research - including desk-based research, carrying out user testing in person, surveys or in-depth interviews - to better understand our audience’s pain points, and to gather experts’ opinions and views.
- Fact-check, edit, revise, review and proofread your own work with an open and positive attitude to regular feedback.
- Produce new outreach content (both data-led and editorial style) to earn new backlinks for the website.
- Collaborate with other teams (including Commercial Content Editors, Creative Services, PR & SEO) to improve processes, boost brand exposure, and continually elevate the success and growth of the website overal
Our Ideal MVFer:
- A passion for content and a love of writing
- Excellent writing ability and command of the English language
- Naturally inquisitive, and an interest in researching new things
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Excellent time and priority management
- A keen interest in or experience of the UK small business sector and startup culture preferred
- An understanding of small business financing desirable
- Experience of writing for an online audience preferred
- Experience of working with Wordpress preferred
Package for a Writer:
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Relaxed, informal culture - no dress code
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday - we promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly company-wide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, and Cycling
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.