You’ll use your technical aptitude and engineering experience to ensure that our engineering teams have the skills, tools and direction they need to deliver and support their platforms in the production environment. You’ll work closely with our product teams to ensure our products are resilient, reliable and automatically deployable. You’ll work across all aspects of our delivery pipeline and infrastructure, to design, implement and support our Continuous Delivery pipelines. You’ll evangelise “infrastructure as code” and work to automate wherever possible to remove manual processes
What we're offering you
- Hybrid working (2 days per week remote)
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates, football, book club, boxing, personal training, Jiu Jutsu and choir - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
What you'll be doing
- Build and maintain infrastructure and hosting platform
- Contribute in strategic architecture conversations with Lead Engineers and Engineering Manager to define the future of the hosting environment
- Work alongside the Lead Engineers and Engineering Manager to define strategic approaches to engineering problems
- Effective cost management to identify investment and/or savings opportunities
- Occasionally help with building and maintaining our data engineering infrastructure
- Stay up to speed with industry best practice
- Design and build hosting solutions to support the engineering teams
- Assist with problem-solving and product support as required
About you / Requirements for the role
Our ideal candidate will have commercial experience with many
- AWS, especially services such as VPC, ECS/EKS, RDS, and IAM
- MySQL (or Postgres)
- Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Docker and container scheduling systems (eg ECS/EKS, K8s, Nomad)
- CI/CD and automated build systems
- Internet service management using CDN, WAF, and similar services
- Security concepts, best practices, and tooling (eg least privilege, AWS IAM, TLS, scanning tools)
- User and system access management with SSO, Oauth/OIDC, SAML
- Disaster recovery planning
- Scripting using Ruby, Python, or similar dynamic language
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.