Come join us
This is a very unique role with a blend of hands on marketing experience, strategy skills, as well as people management.
You’ll take on the line management of 2-4 direct reports and be responsible for their learning, personal development and campaign performance. You will work closely with the Head of Department to design structures that build a high-performing, agile and continuously innovative culture. You will also work closely with stakeholders from all commercial departments to align on their wider strategies and ensure our marketing channels are hitting those goals.
What we're offering you
- Hybrid working (2 days per week remote)
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates, football, book club, boxing, personal training, Jiu Jutsu and choir - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
What you’ll be doing
- People Management: You may have the opportunity to line manage others, including training, managing personal development of others and building a high performing and innovative team
- Strategy & Leadership: Contribute to the overall strategy for each channel within MVF (e.g. which products we run, surfacing process improvements, running projects to improve our marketing capability)
- Campaign management: Running successful marketing campaigns on various marketing channels. We build end to end campaigns ourselves including making our own creatives and copy, planning the campaign strategy, activating the campaigns and analysing results in order to make optimisations
- Continuous campaign testing & innovation: Test out new marketing strategies on the channels (experimenting with audiences, bidding strategies, ad formats)
- Strong analytical & numerical skills: We’re a very data focused team! You’ll use a variety of data sources to analyse ad performance data e.g. Click Through Rate, Conversion Rate and how they impact revenue and profit
- Create ad visuals and headlines: As the campaign managers, we also build our own creatives. So whether it be creating visuals using software or just shooting something on your phone, creativity is key and the whackier the better in our experience!
- Stakeholder Management: Liaise with channel account managers on innovative marketing strategies. You’ll also build relationships with other MVF teams, keeping them up to date on performance and any issues or opportunities you or your team may have encountered
About you / Requirements for the role
- Performance Marketing: considerable performance marketing experience (direct response/lead gen/e-commerce) in at least one Paid Social Marketing channel
- Emerging Channels: Experience in a range of marketing channels is desirable, especially TikTok or LinkedIn
- Data Analysis: A strong analytical ability with proficiency in Excel and experience with marketing analysis tools (GA/Data Studio/Looker or equivalent)
- Creative: Experience building high performing images or videos used in ads and writing winning copy
- Resilient - We have a lot of opportunity to test and experiment in this role however you have to be prepared for those tests to fail sometimes!
- Dynamic - What you're working on can change day to day, we find this really exciting but understand it may not energise everyone
- Entrepreneurial - Think of your campaigns as your own mini-business, you'll get lots of autonomy in this role. While we will give you all the training you need in our biddable academy, we want someone that's prepared to really take the reins
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.