Come join us
MVF is currently seeking creative and analytical professionals to join our Conversion Rate Optimisation team at a time of exciting company growth! As a Conversions Manager you are responsible for leading and managing the testing strategies across our key brands, generating creative testing pipelines, launching tests and conducting analysis. This is a dynamic role that demands an in-depth understanding of user psychology and the ability to utilise data to inform creative solutions. Using qualitative and quantitative data analysis Conversions Managers identify problems, blockers and issues in order to convert customers and generate improved revenues.
What we're offering you
- Hybrid working (2 days per week remote)
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates, football, book club, boxing, personal training, Jiu Jutsu and choir - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
What you’ll be doing
- Managing and owning testing strategies across landing pages
- Analysing and reporting on test results, generating actionable insights for key stakeholders
- Manage the testing of new ideas and innovations
- Hold ownership for delivering on cross-functional team roadmap key objectives
- Communicating and collaborating across teams to ensure deliverables meet key objectives
- Continuously identify opportunities and initiatives to add value to the business and for users
- Think creatively to test new and engaging website content, design and creatives
- Work with the CRO team and wider business to overcome conversion issues and generate increased revenues
About you / Requirements for the role
- Considerable Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) experience
- Knowledge and experience of a/b testing platforms (E.g. Optimizely, VWO, Adobe Target)
- You love using data, statistics and numbers to spot trends and help solve problems
- You’re naturally inquisitive and want to understand not only how things work, but how you can make them better
- You thrive off challenges and love to complete complex problems
- You want to channel your commercial mindset into your role and make a real difference in MVF’s revenue growth
- You’re eager to learn, try new things and keen to develop
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.