Come join us!
You will take a key role in ensuring that high quality financial information is available to the management team and shareholders to support effective decision making. You will deliver regular financial reporting (internal and external), ensure strong financial control, lead the statutory accounts and audit process, VAT and other tax reporting while also supporting a rolling program of system & process development. You’ll also support with other ad hoc strategic project work.
The ideal candidate for this role will be ACA qualified and will have already demonstrated a track record of excellence. They will be a high achiever with drive and energy who will work smart and deliver fast. The successful candidate will also have an extremely positive approach, be happy to challenge the status quo and thrive on change.
What we're offering you
- Lots of room for growth and stretch assignments
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Hybrid working (3 days in the office and 2 days remote per week)
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Defined Contribution Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Be Well: Our award winning wellbeing and mental health programme to support all MVFers and their families
- Family Forward support for our MVF parents and their mini-mes
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health clubs including yoga, pilates, football, book club, boxing, personal training, Jiu Jutsu and choir - we also run some of these remotely so anyone can get involved!
What you'll be doing
- Leading & inspiring the accounting team to deliver exceptional partnership support to the business and to be a world class team that is well respected and highly regarded throughout MVF
- Delivering accurate and timely management information with clear understanding of key drivers and commentary against those.
- Responsible for ensuring strong financial controls are in place and operating effectively, including robust balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for MVF's audit & statutory accounts reporting process including preparation of complex technical accounting papers
- Responsible for day to day oversight of MVF’s tax affairs and compliance including new tax requirements and jurisdictions e.g foreign sales taxes
- Financial risk management, including foreign exchange risk and, bank loan compliance
- Cash forecasting and planning and cost planning including reporting to cost centre owners
- Finance systems including identification, evaluation/implementation, development & maintenance
- Technical Accounting and support on any accounting policies, judgements and estimates
- Support the team with ad hoc project work
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and develop the team to be more capable, skilled and knowledgeable resulting in taking on wider responsibilities over time and to ensure effective support to changing business needs.
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified with excellent knowledge of UK GAAP
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Previous experience with monthly management accounts preparation
- Demonstrated experience of leading the statutory accounts and audit process for a large group
- Loves excel including complex formulae, pivot tables and high data volumes
- Great at innovating systems, optimising and automating processes
- Personable and effective communicator
- Solid understanding of Corporation Tax, VAT and other taxes, both UK and foreign
- High achiever with drive and energy who will work smart and deliver fast
- Positive approach, thrives on change, happy to challenge the status quo
What success looks like
- Accurate monthly financial reporting delivered to agreed timelines
- Full monthly management information prepared for the board
- Annual statutory reporting finalised within 3 months of year end with no audit adjustments
- Ensure all compliance and tax deadlines documented and achieved and that MVF remains compliant with any new requirements
- Process documentation always up to date and key controls evidenced
- Improvements to current processes and methods
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.