Come join us
- Would you like to drive the UX research function forward by helping to level up our processes, methods and fellow researchers within a growing business?
- Do you have experience implementing a range of research methodologies and adapting your approach to suit the needs of the challenge?
- Are you confident in presenting and articulating your decisions to stakeholders, using relevant KPIs to measure and report on your success?
- Are you a proactive self-starter with a growth mindset and a willingness to own problems?
If so, MVF’s UX Team might be just for you! We are searching for an innovative Senior UX Researcher, with a proven track record of conducting influential research.
Examples of impactful deliverables might include: accessible and widely used research artefacts; exploratory research that shaped product strategy or development; evaluative research that directly affected decisions and the end product.
You’ll represent the UX research specialism alongside more junior researchers and UX Desiners, and be a part of a wider Design Team.
So, if you have a well established UX research process with measured outcomes, articulating your success and failure stories and the lessons learned from that work, I would love to hear from you.
About Our UX Team
We’re assembling a team of world-class UX practitioners who are a bridge between business objectives and user goals. At MVF, we set high standards and the creation of user-centric experiences is rapidly becoming a strategic pillar of the business.
We are on a personalisation journey, keeping our services relevant to our users at different stages of the buying funnel. We are constantly pushing the boundaries to understand our users better by improving our research techniques, our technical capabilities and design leadership.
What we're offering you
- Clear growth and progression planning along individual contributor or manager paths through a team talent matrix
- Autonomy to define and grow the user research practice
- Support and close collaboration with a cross-discipline team of Design, UX & Product practitioners
- Flexible working policy (work from home or in the office as you like, with 2 office days a month as a minimum)
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health clubs including yoga, pilates, football, book club, boxing, personal training, jiu jistu and choir - we also run some of these remotely so anyone can get involved!
What you’ll be doing
- Be an advocate for users while taking into account product and business goals
- Lead user research initiatives and translate insights from your in-depth research into actionable outcomes
- Collaborate with other UXers designers, product managers and key stakeholders to define and solve problems inline with business outcomes
- User test and present your ideas to assess their viability and iterate on your solutions over time
About you/Requirements for the role
- Proven experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative research to drive product and/or organisational change
- You have helped ship products and sites that solve real problems, and that people use, with strong case studies or research artefacts to back it up
- You have experience leading and managing the end-to-end user interview process, from defining research goals and recruitment to communicating deliverables
- You have experience working in a cross-functional team
- You possess knowledge of best practices with regard to web standards, usability and accessibility
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your thinking, the desire to have your voice heard and the power to persuade others around to your perspective
- You will often be acting as a team of one in your day-to-day, but also strategically evolving the methods, operations and processes of user research practice within the wider company
- Help evolve our methods and processes and there is huge scope for change-making
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.