Come join us
We’re looking for a lead engineer to bring their technical aptitude and engineering experience to bear on complex customer-facing problems, solving them alongside a team of talented colleagues to rapidly deliver the right solution.
As lead engineer, you’ll be working closely with Product and Engineering managers to understand large and complex pieces of work, and to plan ways for the team to deliver them. We’d want you to act as a coach and mentor to junior members of the team and ensure everyone is heard and feels included.
You could choose to follow a path to deepening your knowledge as a real specialist in your field, broadening your knowledge to learn other specialisms, or you could go down the managerial route. The choice is yours.
What we're offering you
- Remote - based anywhere in the UK (2 days per month in the office)
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates, football, book club, boxing, personal training, Jiu Jutsu and choir - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the engineering team to discuss, design and build software
- Leading architecture and complex solution design sessions
- Balancing technical debt and innovation
- Deliver tested, working software in line with product requirements - solving the “hard problems”
- Working with business teams to identify & solve issues with existing software
- Deploying new versions of platforms into pre-live and/or live environments
- Engaging with the wider engineering and technical team to make MVF a better place to work
About you/Requirements for the role
- Strong technical skills, ideally Full Stack, but with a focus on Backend
- This role will largely entail working with PHP, but we’re also open to other specialisms (I.e. Node.js)
- Experience of solution architecture and AWS-based development
- Lean/Agile environment exposure with continual improvement focus
- Demonstrable experience of TDD/BDD - and the benefits (or otherwise!)
- Commercial awareness of business impact alongside engineering excellence
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.