In a year where many things have seemed uncertain, here at MVF, we wanted to give a more meaningful gift to our clients this Christmas. A gift that will do some good and give something back, injecting some magic into the lives of those less fortunate.
This month, MVF is gifting £18,000 to Starlight Children's Foundation in the name of our clients. After hearing about all the good our donation from last year made from Starlight’s Head of Corporate & Trust, Michelle Jardine we couldn’t think of a more worthy way to spend the money.
If you’re wondering what it is exactly that Starlight offer see below:
- Starlight Wishes: granting seriously ill children wishes-of-a-lifetime
- Entertainment for children in and out of hospitals and hospices
- Providing distraction techniques during treatment to distract from pain, fear & isolation poorly children can often feel as a result of their illness
- Boost Boxes filled with toys, games, arts and crafts
- Distraction Boxes, portable toolkits filled with a variety of toys, games and puzzles providing healthcare professionals with items to distract children undergoing medical procedures
- Starlight Fun Centers are mobile entertainment units containing a TV, DVD player & Nintendo Wii to help children cope during treatment and recovery
- Starlight Pantomimes and Storytellers tours bring a dose of fun and entertainment twice a year during hour-long performances
- Starlight Escapes is a programme of special events for ill children who are invited, with their families, to enjoy time away from treatment and appointments through events such as private film screenings, a summer fete and boating party on the River Thames
If you’d like to contribute to Starlight Children's Foundation simply click here: https://www.starlight.org.uk/how-you-can-help/donate-to-starlight/